Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Raj Saini <ra...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/18 07:21:22 UTC

Display VAT on checkout pages

Hi,

I am working a e-commerce application and using new VAT implementation.
I have a problem showing the VAT adjustment as TAX on cart/checkout
pages. ShoppingCart#getTotalSalesTax and in turn
OrderReadHelper#getOrderTaxByTaxAuthGeoAndParty always returns zero as
it does not consider the OrderAdjusment of VAT_TAX type.

I am working on enhancements and trying to find the best way so that it
is generic and my work could be contributed back to the community.

My question is should we add other method in ShippingCart and
OrderReadHelper classes for VAT or enhance the existing methods to
include the OrderAdjustments of VAT_TAX type.

Thanks,

Raj

Re: Display VAT on checkout pages

Posted by Paul Foxworthy <pa...@cohsoft.com.au>.
Bonjour Jacques,

Yes, I agree it's unlikely. I only mentioned it as a thought experiment to
clarify our thoughts on what the method should return.

Cheers

Paul Foxworthy

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
It seems nobody wants to add anything, so at this stage I'd say, yes

Jacques

From: "Raj Saini" <ra...@gmail.com>

Posted by Raj Saini <ra...@gmail.com>.

From: "Paul Foxworthy" <pa...@cohsoft.com.au>