Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by af...@portugalmail.com on 2005/06/01 01:57:15 UTC

Error java.lang.String.replace

Hi,

I'm not sure this is the rigth place to post my question, but I need help:

I'm developing a digital library and have tomcat-5.0.28 on my machine and j2sdk1.4.2_06.
I'm using a open source software that gives me an error:

Error message  java.lang.String.replace(Ljava/lang/CharSequence;Ljava/lang/CharSequence;)Ljava/lang/String;
Exception type
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError

I'm not a coder, so I try to figure out what's the problem and in my research I read that these crashes appear when the code uses some method which didn't exist before JDK 1.5.

Can the be true?

Thanks for all the help.

António