Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Shea Kelly <Sh...@oopl.com.au> on 2001/09/10 08:40:13 UTC

Form Beans quick questions

Is is possible within the Struts framework to have multiple Form beans
defined for an action-mapping. This would be handy when trying to divide up
larger imput forms into reusable Form components. Any comments would be
appreciated.

regards

Shea Kelly

Consultant Software Engineer
Object Oriented Pty Ltd
PO Box 528, North Sydney NSW 2059
Phone: +61 2 9957-1092
Direct: +61 2 9459-3335
Fax: +61 2 9956-5089
Mobile: 0416 110 499
Email: s.kelly@oopl.com.au
Web: < http://www.oopl.com.au <http://www.oopl.com.au/> >

Re: Form Beans quick questions

Posted by Robert Parker <ro...@racv.com.au>.
Oops, fogot to say, that the large form bean can use the 'facade' pattern and essentially dispatch through to contained smaller/reuseable components...

Rob
  Consider using one large form bean, but put it in session scope. That way you can have many forms access the bean. I often use this when I have a 'workflow' to follow...

  regards

  Rob

Posted by Robert Parker <ro...@racv.com.au>.