Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Blair Zajac <bl...@orcaware.com> on 2002/08/27 19:41:03 UTC

Re: svn commit: rev 3079 - trunk/subversion/include trunk/subversion/libsvn_wc trunk/subversion/tests/clients/cmdline trunk/doc/handbook

kfogel@tigris.org wrote:

> Author: kfogel
> Date: 2002-08-27 13:08:26 -0500 (Tue, 27 Aug 2002)
> New Revision: 3079
>
> Modified:
>    trunk/doc/handbook/client.texi
>    trunk/subversion/include/svn_types.h
>    trunk/subversion/include/svn_wc.h
>    trunk/subversion/libsvn_wc/translate.c
>    trunk/subversion/tests/clients/cmdline/trans_tests.py
> Log:
> Add the $Id$ keyword.  Patch from Eric Gillespie <ep...@pretzelnet.org>,
> plus tweaks from kfogel.

I think this broke client.texi:

/usr/bin/makeinfo -I `dirname doc/programmer/design/svn-design.texi` -o doc/programmer/design/svn-design.info doc/programmer/design/svn-design.texi
/usr/bin/makeinfo -I `dirname doc/handbook/svn-handbook.texi` -o
doc/handbook/svn-handbook.info doc/handbook/svn-handbook.texi
doc/handbook/client.texi:1393: @item found outside of an insertion block.
doc/handbook/client.texi:1398: Unmatched `@end'.
makeinfo: Removing output file `doc/handbook/svn-handbook.info' due to
errors; use --force to preserve.

Best,
Blair
--
Blair Zajac <bl...@orcaware.com>

Posted by Tom Lord <lo...@regexps.com>.

I filter "by eye" -- so square brackets really help.

C'mon -- everyone's doing it -- you *know* you wanna :-)

-t

   Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 19:01:04 +0100
   From: "Stephen C. Tweedie" <sc...@redhat.com>
   Cc: dev@subversion.tigris.org, lord@morrowfield.regexps.com

   Hi,

   On Wed, Aug 28, 2002 at 11:01:26AM -0700, Tom Lord wrote:

   > Please consider adjusting your mailing list handler so that it injects
   > square-bracketed list names in subject lines.  Some of us subscribe to
   > a *lot* of mailing lists.

   Yep, and the subversion list adds all sorts of Mailing-list: and
   list-*: headers to help you filter them.

   --Stephen

Posted by "Stephen C. Tweedie" <sc...@redhat.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Tom Lord <lo...@regexps.com>.

       tl: [square bracketed list names, please]
       someone else: Please no.

I didn't think they were controversial -- it's not *that* important,
just desirable (in my opinion).

Sorry to interrupt.

-t

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>.
Tom Lord wrote:

>Please consider adjusting your mailing list handler so that it injects
>square-bracketed list names in subject lines.  Some of us subscribe to
>a *lot* of mailing lists.

Please no. All the messages on the Subversion lists have a
"Mailing-List:" header that you can procmail on. It's a waste of space
to add prefixes; what's more, every other mailer will screw up the
prefix when replying.

Posted by Karl Fogel <kf...@newton.ch.collab.net>.
Blair Zajac <bl...@orcaware.com> writes:
> /usr/bin/makeinfo -I `dirname doc/programmer/design/svn-design.texi` -o doc/programmer/design/svn-design.info doc/programmer/design/svn-design.texi
> /usr/bin/makeinfo -I `dirname doc/handbook/svn-handbook.texi` -o
> doc/handbook/svn-handbook.info doc/handbook/svn-handbook.texi
> doc/handbook/client.texi:1393: @item found outside of an insertion block.
> doc/handbook/client.texi:1398: Unmatched `@end'.
> makeinfo: Removing output file `doc/handbook/svn-handbook.info' due to
> errors; use --force to preserve.

Thanks for catching; it didn't "look like" an error in my vgrep, so I
never saw it, sigh.

I see you've committed the fix now, cool.

-K