Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by emanihc <em...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/10 17:15:27 UTC

Help: DistributedSearch thown ClassCastException

hello all

I check out directly from SVN to get the sources,

run "bin/nutch server 12345 ../crawl/"

run "bin/nutch 'org.apache.nutch.searcher.DistributedSearch$Client' 'www'
localhost 12345"

and then it thrown Exception below:

$ bin/nutch 'org.apache.nutch.searcher.DistributedSearch$Client' "www"
localhos
t 12345
STATS: 1 servers, 5 segments.
Total hits: 9
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ClassCastException: $Proxy0
        at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RPC.getProxy(RPC.java:241)
        at org.apache.nutch.searcher.DistributedSearch$Client.getRemote
(Distribu
tedSearch.java:284)
        at org.apache.nutch.searcher.DistributedSearch$Client.getDetails
(Distrib
utedSearch.java:299)
        at org.apache.nutch.searcher.DistributedSearch$Client.main
(DistributedSe
arch.java:377)

Re: Help: DistributedSearch thown ClassCastException

Posted by emanihc <em...@gmail.com>.
 Hello Doug

I tried to modify DistributedSearch.java to implement the VersionedProtocol
interface,

but it seems it can't fix the problem... :(

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.