Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Catalin Kormos <ca...@yahoo.com> on 2006/04/03 12:51:15 UTC

Prefered documentation format

Hi there,

Can you tell which format would be prefered for new documentation contributions, APT or XDoc? specificaly, i'm willing to write about using subForm component from sandbox.

Thanks,
Catalin

---------------------------------

Re: Prefered documentation format

Posted by Catalin Kormos <ca...@yahoo.com>.
Ok, thank you both for aswering, i'll then use XDocs for my contributions :)

Regards,
Catalin

Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com> wrote: On 4/3/06, Catalin Kormos  wrote:
> Can you tell which format would be prefered for new documentation
> contributions, APT or XDoc? specificaly, i'm willing to write about using
> subForm component from sandbox.

XDocs would be preferred.   APT was a new experiment, but it had a lot
of shortcomings and probably isn't worth continuing.   The Velocity
dev folks and I have been working on making xdocs easier to author.
Take a look at this page.   Let me know if you run into any issues as
this is still in the initial phase.

http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/EditXdocs

Thanks for volunteering!

Blab-away for as little as 1ยข/min. Make  PC-to-Phone Calls using Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.

Re: Prefered documentation format

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.