Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Ben Laurie <be...@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk> on 1996/10/24 16:34:28 UTC

Re: cvs commit: apache/src http_protocol.c http_request.c http_request.h httpd.h util.c util_script.c util_sc

Paul Sutton wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Oct 1996, Brian Behlendorf wrote:
> > > I personally would prefer to wait on the branching until after the final
> > > release is done. If you do it too early, you might risk diverting
> > > development interest away from bug fixing and release engineering onto the
> > > (more exciting) 1.2 development. There are a number of reasonably
> > > important things which need to be done to the 1.1 code before we start
> > > serious work on 1.2.
> >
> > Er, you mean, 2.0 work, yes?  :)
>
> Oh, yeah, that's the one. I must have been in HTTP version number mode.
> Do a mental s/1.2/2.0/g and s/1.1/1.2/g.
>
> Anyway, here are the things I was referring to that I think need doing
> before, ahem, 1.2 is released. All are available as patches, I think,
> except the mod_expires mods and $id$-removal.
>
>   Add mod_expires and update to issue Cache-Control
>   AddModule
>   Chroot (maybe)

For suExec, I presume? There's also RST's stuff to allow the wrapper to check
that it was invoked by Apache rather than some Bad Guy.

>   Error string to CGI's in env var
>   Multiple languages patches
>   NCSA Satify
>   Permanent redirect a la NCSA
>   Remove $id$
>   Set/unset headers with mod_headers
>
> Anyone object in principle to any of these? I think AddModule and
> $id$-removal have already been approved, but the others haven't been
> discussed much (Also, I think the satisfy patch, in particular, might need
> looking at in more detail, but I would really like to see it in 1.2. If it
> doesn't make it Apache will be fairly seriously non-NCSA compatible).

There's also the issue of using mod_browser for allow/deny.

Cheers,

Ben.