Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Markus Michel <ma...@uni-duesseldorf.de> on 2009/06/09 23:02:34 UTC

Re: Embedded Felix: Using a service provided by the host from a bundle

Hi!

No, I'm trying to export the Hello World bundle to a "deployable plugin and
fragments"-jar so that I'm able to use it within my OSGi environment, which
is controlled by the host project. Inside the Eclipse IDE there aren't any
errors, because the
environment is able to resolve the classpath to interface within the host
project, which defines the service. The error occurs if I try to export the
Hello World bundle to a "deployable plugin and fragments". Currently I
haven't
a clue how to solve that problem. Maybe someone can give me a complete
example?

BR,

Markus

Posted by Markus Michel <ma...@uni-duesseldorf.de>.
Yes, it does. In contract to that the bundle uses the functionality of the
newest equinox implementation (org.eclipse.osgi_3.5.0.v20090520.jar) to be
able to use the Equinox interface within the IDE ...

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Markus Michel

Re: Embedded Felix: Using a service provided by the host from a bundle

Posted by Eelco Meuter <ee...@wur.nl>.
Does your 'Host Project'-jar include the felix.jar in it's classpath?

Eelco

On Jun 9, 2009, at 11:02 PM, Markus Michel wrote:

> Hi!
>
> No, I'm trying to export the Hello World bundle to a "deployable
> plugin and
> fragments"-jar so that I'm able to use it within my OSGi
> environment, which
> is controlled by the host project. Inside the Eclipse IDE there
> aren't any
> errors, because the
> environment is able to resolve the classpath to interface within the
> host
> project, which defines the service. The error occurs if I try to
> export the
> Hello World bundle to a "deployable plugin and fragments". Currently I
> haven't
> a clue how to solve that problem. Maybe someone can give me a complete
> example?
>
> BR,
>
> Markus
>
> 2009/6/9 <em...@yahoo.com>
>

>> Hi Markus,
>>
>> When you export the jar from Eclipse are you choosing to export a
>> Java jar
>> file?  (as opposed to a Plugin Development Environment 'Deployable
>> Plugin'
>> for example)
>>
>> If you have no compile errors in the Eclipse IDE then I don't see
>> how you
>> would get any errors if you are exporting as a regular Java jar.
>> Check the 'Problems' view in Eclipse to make sure you have no compile
>> errors before doing the export.

Wageningen University
Plant Production Systems
P.O. Box 430