Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Smith, Matt (MAN-Corporate)" <Ma...@cox.com> on 2004/02/20 00:12:00 UTC

patterntesting plugin

Hello,

Does anybody use http://patterntesting.sourceforge.net/ ?

Looks like it has not been updated in a while.  Any info would be
appreciated.

thanks

Matt

RE: patterntesting plugin

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Hi Matt,

PatternTesting is a project I started as a proof of concept. It worked
quite well! I have even used it on one business project. However, my
other activities I haven't found the time to work on it since that time.
It is now a dead project. I should really update the home page to
mention that. Now, it's not really dead and like a phoenix it is now
becoming reborn through Cactus v2
(http://blogs.codehaus.org/people/vmassol/archives/000520_cactus_v2_arch
itecture_proposal.html). The main difference is that while the existing
pattern checks are static, the ones in Cactus2 are dynamic (at runtime),
which allows for a richer set of checks.

That said, I would also be happy to relinquish the leadership on the
patterntesting project to anyone wishing to continue it.

Thanks
-Vincent