Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by testwreq wreq <te...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/10 17:56:11 UTC

[users@httpd] .htaccess does not work

Hello, My goal is to password protect a few pages in one of the userdir
(/home/users/vinda). And, I cannot get this to work. Any suggestions will be
welcomed! Below is the configuration in my httpd.conf file:
<Directory /home/*/*/public_html>
Options -Indexes FollowSymLinks IncludesNoExec
Options +ExecCGI
DirectoryIndex index.html index.php index.htm
AllowOverride AuthConfig
Allow from all
Order allow,deny
AddType text/html .html
AddOutputFilter INCLUDES .html
</Directory>
I placed .htaccess in (/home/users/vinda/public_html/labs) because this is
the directory I want to protect.
Below are the contents of .htaccess and it has the .passwd file generated by
htpasswd apache command.

AuthUserFile /www/home/users/vinda/labs/.htpasswd
AuthName "Members Only"
AuthType Basic
require user lab
When I call the page with http://hostname/~vinda/labs, I get the box to
enter the username and password but then I can never pass this. The error in
the eerror log is:
[debug] mod_auth_pgsql.c(774): [client 10.105.9.103] [mod_auth_pgsql.c] -
missing configuration parameters
[Thu Sep 10 10:35:32 2009] [error] [client 10.105.9.103] access to
/~vinda/labs failed, reason: verification of user id 'lab' not configured
Please advise. Am I missing any configuration?

Thanks much:)

[users@httpd] Re: .htaccess does not work {for me}

Posted by Jonesy <gm...@jonz.net>.
On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 15:04:06 -0400, testwreq wreq wrote:

> I figured out the small typo ...

In this business there is _no_ "small typo"

Re: [users@httpd] .htaccess does not work

Posted by testwreq wreq <te...@gmail.com>.
I figured out the small typo in the path. Thanks for reading my request and
suggestions.

Posted by Jonathan Zuckerman <j....@gmail.com>.

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
testwreq wreq wrote:
  The error in
> the eerror log is:
> [debug] mod_auth_pgsql.c(774): [client 10.105.9.103] [mod_auth_pgsql.c] -
> missing configuration parameters
And where does that come from ?
Hint : mod_auth_pgsql.c ?