Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Stadelmann Josef <jo...@axa-winterthur.ch> on 2011/03/01 09:01:51 UTC

AW: AW: HTTPS/SSL with proxy server doesn't work

Hi Frank,

What OS is your service running at?

For me the question is: How far does the request travel from the client
to the server using https?

Does it pass the port on which your Application Server is listening for
the https request?

That to know would be good.

Do we have a way off logging this arrival of a https/tcpip network
package?

I think a network monitor such as Wireshark could help here, but only if
you can run it at the server?

Otherwhise you have to seek for a different network monitor and dump log
traffic in a trace file.

I run sometimes a tcpdumper at the open vms server machine and then

I can see any package arriving and leaving, and I write this all into a
trace file.

Then I move the trace to the PC and using Wireshark I can open it and
see what has happen.

If no https package arrives at the server that would get us further.

If it arrives we are also further and would then have to find out about
the response the server makes toward the wire

Josef