Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org> on 2007/08/28 11:42:02 UTC

END OF THREAD (was Re: SPF-Compliant Spam)

Marc, you're doing it again.  Let me reiterate what I posted to you last
time...

> Speaking in an official capacity as chair of the SpamAssassin PMC -- we
> _generally_ welcome off-topic conversations on the users list. As has
> been noted, some good ideas have come from them, and they're generally
> helpful.
>
> However, recently, you have initiated a large number of off-topic
> threads that have little or nothing to do with SpamAssassin --
> basically, using this list as a venue to discuss other spam-related
> topics.
>
> A little moderation is requested, especially when it comes to the
> quantities of messages posted, or the likelihood that a thread will be
> controversial or generate a lot of off-topic traffic. There are much
> more suitable venues, such as SPAM-L, or even a personal list or blog.

This *still* applies.

I would like to note that the last time around, I asked you to stop
perpetuating your "SPF is hopelessly broken and must die!" thread. It
appears you have not done this -- while you didn't initiate the
"SPF-Compliant Spam" thread, you've taken it over and are now dominating
the list traffic with discussion of SPF, *again*.

This list is for discussion of SpamAssassin usage.  Your threads are
off-topic here.

Please take it to SPAM-L.  Do not post another off-topic flamebait thread
here.

--j.