Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Gayan Gunarathne <ga...@wso2.com> on 2015/11/26 16:00:24 UTC

[Discuss] Release Apache Stratos 4.1.5

Hi All,

This thread is for discussion of the first release candidate for Apache
Stratos 4.1.5. Please use this thread for discussion of
issues uncovered in the RC, questions you may have about the RC, etc.

The RC release packs could be found here [1]. A git tag (4.1.5) [2] has
been created for this release and its tree view could be seen here [3].

[1] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/stratos/releases/4.1.5-rc1/
[2]
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=stratos.git;a=commit;h=23d24fdde82ac147951aac2963ad398d7484ea88
[3]
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-stratos.git;a=tree;h=refs/tags/<version>;hb=refs/tags/<version>

Thanks,
The Apache Stratos team

--

Gayan Gunarathne
Technical Lead, WSO2 Inc. (http://wso2.com)

Re: [Discuss] Release Apache Stratos 4.1.5

Posted by Gayan Gunarathne <ga...@wso2.com>.
As we have fixed the issues that we identified, I think we are good go with
rc2 release.Please reply to this if you encounter any blocker for this rc2
release.

Thanks,
Gayan

On Sun, Nov 29, 2015 at 11:44 PM, Gayan Gunarathne <ga...@wso2.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 29, 2015 at 11:31 PM, Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
>> I think we have also not packaged CEP and DAS extension JAR files, we
>> have only prepared distributions for CEP and DAS artifacts. Shall we cancel
>> this vote and fix those issues?
>>

> +1 We will fix those issues and go for RC2.
>

>> Thanks
>>

>> On Sun, Nov 29, 2015 at 8:07 PM, Thanuja Uruththirakodeeswaran <
>> thanujau@wso2.com> wrote:

>>> I have included it distribution as in [1]. If we build the das
>>> extension, it generates the distribution correctly. I checked the last
>>> night build also and it has created das-artifacts distribution [2]
>>> correctly.
>>>
>>> [1].
>>> https://github.com/apache/stratos/blob/release-4.1.5/extensions/das/modules/distribution/src/assembly/bin.xml#L44-L57
>>> [2].

Posted by Gayan Gunarathne <ga...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.

--
Imesh Gunaratne

Senior Technical Lead, WSO2

Posted by Thanuja Uruththirakodeeswaran <th...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Gayan Gunarathne <ga...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Thanuja Uruththirakodeeswaran <th...@wso2.com>.
Hi Akila,

Yes this is not a blocker and we can simply remove or comment out the node
which has false value for statsPublisherEnabled. We can fix it in next
release. I have created a jira [1] for this.

Thanks.

[1]. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STRATOS-1632

Posted by Akila Ravihansa Perera <ra...@wso2.com>.
Hi Thanuja,

Posted by Thanuja Uruththirakodeeswaran <th...@wso2.com>.
Hi All,

I have found an issue that when we have enabled stats publishing for one
node and disabled for another node with following configuration in
thrift-client-config.xml file that stratos is trying trying to publish data
to both nodes.

<thriftClientConfiguration>
     <config>
        <cep>
             <node id="node-01">
                  <statsPublisherEnabled>true</statsPublisherEnabled>
                  <username>admin</username>
                  <password>admin</password>
                  <ip>localhost</ip>
                  <port>7611</port>
             </node>
        </cep>
        <das>
             <node id="node-01">
                  <statsPublisherEnabled>true</statsPublisherEnabled>
                  <username>admin</username>
                  <password>admin</password>
                  <ip>localhost</ip>
                  <port>7612</port>
             </node>
             <node id="node-02">
                  <statsPublisherEnabled>false</statsPublisherEnabled>
                  <username>admin</username>
                  <password>admin</password>
                  <ip>localhost</ip>
                  <port>7613</port>
             </node>
        </das>
    </config>
</thriftClientConfiguration>

This is because when creating load balancing type data publisher, it is
creating DataPublisher for ThriftClientInfo object which has* false value
set to statsPublisherEnabled attribute* as well. We need to check for
statsPublisherEnabled before creating DataPublisherHolder and ReceiverGroup
at here[1].

[1].
https://github.com/apache/stratos/blob/release-4.1.5/components/org.apache.stratos.common/src/main/java/org/apache/stratos/common/statistics/publisher/ThriftStatisticsPublisher.java#L88-L92

Thanks.