Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Terence Monteiro <te...@sanjosesolutions.in> on 2019/07/09 04:25:57 UTC

Fineract v1 LDAP integration

Hello Fineracters,

I wanted to explore integration of LDAP with Fineract v1 which will make it
possible to use Microsoft Active Directory or OpenLDAP to authenticate
users. Since LDAP authentication is already supported on various other
software, users can use the same credentials to authenticate to any of
those services. Has anyone given this a shot or has comments/suggestions
how to proceed?

--
Best Regards,
Terence Monteiro,

Re: Fineract v1 LDAP integration

Posted by Michael Vorburger <mi...@vorburger.ch>.
Terence,

with Fineract using the Spring Framework's Security <
https://spring.io/projects/spring-security> for authentication, I would
imagine that one could be able to somehow integrate something like
https://docs.spring.io/spring-security/site/docs/4.2.12.RELEASE/reference/htmlsingle/#ldap-authentication.
..

BTW: While letting users login with a single uid/pwd to several sites is
better than them having to remember different pwds, what you ideally really
want is true SSO. https://www.keycloak.org is one nice option for SSO.

Regards,
M.
Michael Vorburger