Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Paul Hamer <pa...@tohave.nl> on 2006/09/05 22:21:08 UTC

RE: blank pages ME TOO!

Hi,

I've had either the same or a similar problem: about 2 weeks ago, my IIS6 +
mod_jk1.2.15 + Tomcat5.5.15 suddenly begins serving blank pages on the main
site !

Couldn't find anything strange in any logs (iis, mod_jk & tomcat). Accessing
Tomcat directly (port 8080) also returned blank pages! However, JSPs within
the same app, but in a sub-directory still worked fine!

This suddenly happened at somewhat after 10am. The only thing I did, just
minutes before, was replace a JSP with a new version, so it had to be
recompiled on the next access. An action I must have done a 1000 times
before in the last few months, without any problems.

After restarting Tomcat+IIS, Tomcat immediately began returning blank pages
again! My app (which usually takes almost 3 minutes to load completely)
didn't even get initialized.
I stopped Tomcat again, cleared the "work" directory, and restarted it. This
time everything returned to normal.

I've had this config up-and-running without any modifications for months,
and never had this problem. Can't figure out why it suddenly pops up.

Unexplainable problems like this make me shiver, would be nice if my story
rung a bell somewhere :-) Sorry, I couldn't come up with more details, but I
needed to get the site back up ASAP.

Regards,
Paul Hamer

management & development