Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org> on 2002/07/22 15:00:43 UTC

FYI: new Gump machine

This weekend, I've upgraded the primary Gump machine from a 300 Mhz
Pentium II w/160 MB RAM to a 2 GHz Pentium IV w/768MB of RAM.  I also
upgraded from RedHat 7.2 Linux to 7.3 at the same time.

Overall build time has been reduced from approximately 4.5 hours to
approximately 1.5 hours (this includes the cvs update, copying of
directories, etc).

Over the course of the summer, I am going to try to spend more effort
again into getting to the point where I can bootstrap and build all the
projects together.  In many cases, I am going to need your help,
particularly on those subprojects who have opted to take ownership of
their own gump descriptors.

* Does anybody know what the current state of hsqldb cvs is?  It seems
empty at the moment?

* xml-rpc seems to be mavenized.  Other projects have build.xml files
which are produced by maven that gump can deal with... what's different
here?

* jaxen.  I've sent a patch and suggestions.  Any outlook on when this
will be resolved?
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=turbine-maven-dev&m=102658317312111&w=2

The commons-fileupload and various avalon project have already been
fixed.  The xml-axis failure is being actively worked.  Remy is looking
to the Tomcat 4.0 failures which are caused by the restructuring and
retagging of underlying trees.

Once these are addressed, I'll focus further down the dependency tree.

Thanks in advance for any help.

- Sam Ruby

Re: FYI: new Gump machine

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net>.

> * xml-rpc seems to be mavenized.  Other projects have build.xml files
> which are produced by maven that gump can deal with... what's different
> here?

According to Jason it needs a new build.xml file.. I will generate one
and sent it to (? )..

Mvgr,
Martin

RE: new Gump machine

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org>.
> I thought I answered that in the second paragraph of
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=jakarta-general&m=102734335621215&w=2

Oh God! Sorry Sam, I missed a whole paragraph.. time I took a break.

d.

Re: new Gump machine

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>.
Danny Angus wrote:

>>This weekend, I've upgraded the primary Gump machine from a 300 Mhz
>>Pentium II w/160 MB RAM to a 2 GHz Pentium IV w/768MB of RAM.
>>

>Phwoar.. did it make a difference?

I thought I answered that in the second paragraph of
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=jakarta-general&m=102734335621215&w=2

>I take it James is OK if you're not complaining about it..?

James has been held up by prereqs - avalon mainly.  I see Peter has
applied my latest patches, so progress should be made shortly.

- Sam Ruby

RE: new Gump machine

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org>.