Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "massive.boisson" <ma...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/29 16:33:50 UTC

Destinations Life Span and LDAP Authorization

Hi,

from both docs and experience I know that server destinations are created on
demand.
But, these destinations are not 'sticky' - they are created for each
connection and
do not live on the broker outside of connections that use it, right?
Even for persistent messaging. This is my experience, at least.

Can someone please confirm this?

I was looking for delete destination command, and couldn't find any. Does it
not exist
because of the above describe behavior?

Damjan

PS This seems to be big issue for me because I am using LDAP authorization.
Only "server" Jms client has admin privileges for certain queues, and when
"server" Jms client is down, no one can send/receive messages to these
queues, even when they already have been created by "server" Jms client.

Re: Destinations Life Span and LDAP Authorization

Posted by "massive.boisson" <ma...@gmail.com>.
James, thanks.

James.Strachan wrote:

>> PS This seems to be big issue for me because I am using LDAP
>> authorization.
>> Only "server" Jms client has admin privileges for certain queues, and
>> when
>> "server" Jms client is down, no one can send/receive messages to these
>> queues, even when they already have been created by "server" Jms client.
> You've lost me there. In ActiveMQ you can set whatever roles you want
> on any destinations.

I'll try to be more precise:

Basically I create a network of Jms clients. Server (Jms client) issues
read/write privileges
for these clients to LDAP server. And I use LDAP server authorization and
authentication.

For a given queue, my server has admin and read privs. Client has write
privs.
It all works fine when server is connected because it creates and reads from
the queue the
client writes to.

When server is disconnected, client cannot write to the queue, because it
doesnt have
admin privileges.

So I was asking if this is in fact what is happening, and if there is any
way to prevent it.

I could issue admin privileges to client, but that seems wrong. I also am
afraid of them
flushing the queues for the server.

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 11/29/06, massive.boisson <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> from both docs and experience I know that server destinations are created on
> demand.
> But, these destinations are not 'sticky' - they are created for each
> connection and
> do not live on the broker outside of connections that use it, right?
> Even for persistent messaging. This is my experience, at least.

Yes
http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/how-do-i-create-new-destinations.html

> I was looking for delete destination command, and couldn't find any. Does it
> not exist
> because of the above describe behavior?

You can flush a queue if thats what you mean - using the MBeans

--

James
-------