Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org> on 2016/02/29 07:13:43 UTC

Flaky VM

The VM[1] is being flaky again. When I re-create the VM (using
"vagrant destroy; vagrant up") it seems that I'm quite often left with
a VM without populated mysql or postgres databases. I checked the
output from mvn but there are no obvious errors (but neither is there
any indication, as far as I can see, that the databases are being
loaded).

I'm afraid vagrant and puppet are black boxes to me, and unfortunately
the black box isn't working. Can someone please help?

Julian

[1] https://github.com/vlsi/calcite-test-dataset

Re: Flaky VM

Posted by Michael Mior <mm...@uwaterloo.ca>.
Can you try manually populating the DB?

mvn install -pl foodmart-loader

This should of course be run already during the regular install process,
but maybe there's an issue there.

--
Michael Mior
mmior@uwaterloo.ca