Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Glyn Normington <gl...@uk.ibm.com> on 2002/03/20 13:52:11 UTC

tt-bytecode license

Abe,

We included the attached license file with Axis. I hope it's acceptable.
For proof that Axis actually uses tt-bytecode.jar, see, for example,
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/~checkout~/xml-axis/java/docs/user-guide.html#Installation.
(See attached file: tt-bytecode.LICENSE)

Finally, thanks for writing tt-bytecode!

Glyn
----- Forwarded by Glyn Normington/UK/IBM on 20/03/02 12:45 -----

                      Russell
                      Butek@IBMUS              To:       Glyn Normington/UK/IBM
                                               cc:
                      19/03/02 15:33           From:     Russell Butek/Austin/IBM@IBMUS
                                               Subject:  FW: tt-bytecode license

Russell Butek
butek@us.ibm.com
---------------------- Forwarded by Russell Butek/Austin/IBM on 03/19/2002
09:32 AM ---------------------------

"Frederic Desjarlais" <fr...@enjiva.com> on 03/19/2002 08:37:23 AM

To:    Russell Butek/Austin/IBM@IBMUS, Sam Ruby/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS, Doug
       Davis/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS, <gd...@apache.org>
cc:

Hi guys,

I received this from the tt-bytecode owner.  I wasn't sure if he told you
the same thing regarding the upcoming version.

Cheers,
Frederic

Posted by "A. Abram White" <ab...@mac.com>.

>We included the attached license file with Axis. I hope it's acceptable.
>For proof that Axis actually uses tt-bytecode.jar, see, for example,
>http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/~checkout~/xml-axis/java/docs/user-guide.html#Installation.
>(See attached file: tt-bytecode.LICENSE)

I wanted to let you guys know that a new version of the toolkit is
available.  Don't worry, I'm not in the habit of bother users with
'product update' emails; this is just a special case because the toolkit
was migrated to an entirely new open source project:
http://serp.sourceforge.net.  There will be no more releases of
tt-bytecode toolkit as-such.

The new version is not at all backwards compatible -- the package names
have changed in addition to many of the APIs -- but it has enhanced
functionality and ease-of-use, including the ability to easily get local
variable information, which is what you guys were using the toolkit for
in the first place, no?  It should be a very easy migration for you,
though I'm sorry about changing the name of the jar and all that.  Oh,
and I put up a copy of the license on the project homepage this time.
 Of course, you're free to stick to the tt-bytecode toolkit too.  The
beauty of open source.

Let me know if you have any problems.

-- Abe White