Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Ivan Ivanov <ra...@yahoo.com> on 2004/04/16 09:02:25 UTC

task in backgraound

Dear colleagues,
I created the foloowing task to start tomcat:
    <target name="start-tomcat" depends="-init"
description="Starts Tomcat">
        <java
classname="org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap"
fork="yes" failonerror="yes">
            <classpath>
                <pathelement
location="${catalina.home}/bin/bootstrap.jar"/>
            </classpath>
            <arg value="start"/>
            <sysproperty key="catalina.home"
value="${catalina.home}"/>
        </java>
    </target>

It works pretty well, but when I invoke it, it blocks
the console in which I started it. How can I configure
it to run in background?

Both Ant 1.5.3 and Ant 1.6.0 solution wil be
appreciated.

Regards Ivan