Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Kayak28 <ka...@gmail.com> on 2020/03/19 10:13:07 UTC

Recommended Java Distribution

Hello, Solr Community:

My customer would like to use Amazon Corretto JDK instead of OpenJDK.

I wonder if it is ok to say, "yes, you can use" or I should not recommend
it at all.

Is anyone in the Community using Amazon Corretto for your Solr?

Have you ever had any problems with that?

If you share any experience, I would be really appreciated.

--

Sincerely,
Kaya

Re: Recommended Java Distribution

Posted by Eric Buss <er...@abebooks.com>.
Hi Kaya,

We have been using Amazon Corretto for Solr for the past 6 months without issue. We did not notice any difference from running on Open JDK prior to that.

Cheers
Eric

On 2020-03-19, 6:04 AM, "Jan Høydahl" <ja...@cominvent.com> wrote:

    Our official statement is here

    https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/8_4/solr-system-requirements.html#sources-for-java

    I have no experience with Corretto in production, but Amazon uses it heavily for all their Java workloads in the cloud. I believe it is based on OpenJDK but with Amazon’s own patches.
    I would not hesitate to make such a decision. But perhaps people with first-hand experience can share what they found?

    Jan

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.