Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org> on 2008/08/15 05:07:26 UTC

Re: IndexOutOfBoundsException

(switching to java-user)
OK, that's great that it's so reproducable.
To rule out a JVM bug, it would be great if you could try out Sun's
1.6.0_03 to see if it still happens.

-Yonik

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
It looks like your stored fields file (_X.fdt) is corrupt.

Are you using multiple threads to add docs?

Can you try switching to SerialMergeScheduler to verify it's reproducible?

When you hit this exception, can you stop Solr and then run Lucene's
CheckIndex tool (org.apache.lucene.index.CheckIndex) to verify the
index is corrupt and see which segment it is?  Then post back the
exception and "ls -l" of your index directory?

If you could post the client-side code you're using to build & submit
docs to Solr, and if I can get access to the Medline content, and I
can the repro the bug, then I'll track it down...

Mike