Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Les Hughes <le...@rubus.com> on 2002/06/24 12:34:27 UTC

JNDI & DS Documentation Proposal

Hi all,

We're all probably aware of the high amount of noise on tomcat-user
regarding configuring datasources and jndi in TC 4. Having battled through
it and submitted a brief how-to for the solution that works for me, I'm
proposing updating the TC documentation to include this and a couple of
examples for perhaps other databases (oracle?)

I'm not professing to be an expert in this (I guess I just got lucky....) so
could someone vet
(http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-user&m=102225547106556&w=2) and let
me know of (a) any other bits I should include/know about and (b) whether I
should go ahead and generate a patch for the docs at all?

Thanks.

Les

Re: JNDI & DS Documentation Proposal

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
"Les Hughes" <le...@rubus.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We're all probably aware of the high amount of noise on tomcat-user
> regarding configuring datasources and jndi in TC 4. Having battled through
> it and submitted a brief how-to for the solution that works for me, I'm
> proposing updating the TC documentation to include this and a couple of
> examples for perhaps other databases (oracle?)
>
> I'm not professing to be an expert in this (I guess I just got lucky....) so
> could someone vet
> (http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-user&m=102225547106556&w=2) and let
> me know of (a) any other bits I should include/know about and (b) whether I
> should go ahead and generate a patch for the docs at all?

Les, that is good... The only thing I can "nitpick" on (since it seems my
task over here now! :) is that by putting the <Resource> inside the
<Context>, your resource will only be visible to that particular context (in
your case "DBTest").

If you could expand it, by also describing the case of a resource shared by
more than one context, that would be great... Good addition...

    Pier