Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Arun C Murthy <ar...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2007/09/07 13:19:49 UTC

Re: [Lucene-hadoop Wiki] Update of "HowToCommit" by DougCutting

Apache Wiki wrote:
> == Commit ==
>
> When you commit a patch, please:
>
>  1. Add an entry in CHANGES.txt, at the end of the appropriate section.  This should include the Jira issue id, and the name of the contributor.
>  1. Include the Jira issue id in the commit message, along with a short description of the change and the name of the contributor if it is not you.  Be sure to get the issue id right, as this causes Jira to link to the change in Subversion.
>  1. Resolve the issue as fixed, thanking the contributor.  Always set the "Fix Version" at this point, but please only set a single fix version, the earliest release in which the change will appear.

I propose the committer also includes the link to the svn revision for
that commit to help quickly track changes from jira.

E.g.
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=573513 for HADOOP-1018
here: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-1018#action_12525661

Thoughts?

Arun

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ar...@yahoo-inc.com>.
On Fri, Sep 07, 2007 at 04:49:49PM +0530, Arun C Murthy wrote:
>Apache Wiki wrote:
>>== Commit ==
>>
>>When you commit a patch, please:
>>
>> 1. Add an entry in CHANGES.txt, at the end of the appropriate section.
>> This should include the Jira issue id, and the name of the contributor.
>> 1. Include the Jira issue id in the commit message, along with a short
>> description of the change and the name of the contributor if it is not
>> you.  Be sure to get the issue id right, as this causes Jira to link to
>> the change in Subversion.
>> 1. Resolve the issue as fixed, thanking the contributor.  Always set the
>> "Fix Version" at this point, but please only set a single fix version,
>> the earliest release in which the change will appear.
>
>I propose the committer also includes the link to the svn revision for
>that commit to help quickly track changes from jira.
>
>E.g.
>http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=573513 for HADOOP-1018
>here: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-1018#action_12525661

Never mind. Doug pointed out that one sees revisions and changed files in the 'All' tab on jira already... my bad, thanks Doug.

Arun