Posted to dev@santuario.apache.org by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org> on 2018/06/06 19:31:29 UTC

[VOTE] - Release Apache Santuario - XML Security for Java 2.0.11 (take II)

This is a vote to release Apache Santuario - XML Security for Java 2.0.11.

Issues fixed:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311231&version=12342673

SVN tag:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/santuario/xml-security-java/tags/xmlsec-2.0.11/

Artifacts:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachesantuario-1021/

+1 from me.

Colm.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com

Re: [VOTE] - Release Apache Santuario - XML Security for Java 2.0.11 (take II)

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
Yes, the DocumentBuilder pool has been replaced by the ThreadLocal patch
attached to SANTUARIO-394. I'll reply to the private list with more
information.

Colm.

Posted by Brent Putman <pu...@georgetown.edu>.

Posted by "Cantor, Scott" <ca...@osu.edu>.
Colm, I got a little spooked by all those commits and reverts, can you clarify exactly what the "fix" was and what portions of the code were impacted?

-- Scott

RE: [VOTE] - Release Apache Santuario - XML Security for Java 2.0.11 (take II)

Posted by "Cantor, Scott" <ca...@osu.edu>.
I'm rescinding my +1 vote and voting -1, as I have identified a breaking change in the ThreadLocal approach.

-- Scott

Posted by "Cantor, Scott" <ca...@osu.edu>.
> This is a vote to release Apache Santuario - XML Security for Java 2.0.11.

+1

I would like to request that an issue be opened to work on a longer term fix that will implement the API changes needed so that the library isn't requesting DocumentBuilder instances, but just calling an API to parse or create documents. I believe that will address a number of concerns that have been raised internally.

-- Scott

Re: [VOTE] - Release Apache Santuario - XML Security for Java 2.0.11 (take II)

Posted by Alessio Soldano <as...@apache.org>.
+1

Thanks