Posted to dev@esme.apache.org by Imtiaz Ahmed H E <in...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/26 14:01:57 UTC

The future of Esme

I noticed, the project Esme has been on for 2.5 to 3 years and as an Apache incubatee for a lot of that time.

Could someone (Dick?) inform me, as of today, ...

the goals of the project
where are we going...

However, I must tell you that I have not gone through all the  reading material/blogs available on Esme. Obviously, many of them, apart from the technical ones maybe, would be out of date possibly.

Imtiaz

Re: The future of Esme

Posted by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 3:34 PM, Vassil Dichev <vd...@apache.org> wrote:
> Perhaps we need a more detailed answer, but ESME tries to make
> microblogging more useful in a corporate/organization scenario where
> you need security, security-restricted message pools and automated
> message processing- filtering, forwarding, etc. But you probably know
> this already.
>
> My personal pet features for the next release are:
> - RSS/Atom for timelines
+ how do we deal with authorization - or do you want to make everything public?

> - XMPP integration
+ 1 As an action, great idea for outgoing - Lift already has built in
support for XMPP. Or do you want incoming as well?

> - LDAP integration
+1 - Lift already has an implementation but it is MegaProtoUser-dependent

> Federation has also been in the list for a long time, but since David
> Pollak was planning to implement it I'm not sure when we will have
> time to do it.

+ 1 I agree

Re: The future of Esme

Posted by Vassil Dichev <vd...@apache.org>.