Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com> on 2008/01/05 09:36:37 UTC

Expected release timeline for Core 4.0-alpha7

Hi all

Does anyone have an idea about the timeline when HttpComponents Core
4.0-alpha-7 is scheduled for release?

thanks
asankha

Re: Expected release timeline for Core 4.0-alpha7

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Sat, 2008-01-05 at 10:31 +0100, Roland Weber wrote:
> > There are two issues open:
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HTTPCORE?report=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project:roadmap-panel
> >
> > HTTPCORE-134 is a minor issue that I'll deal with shortly.
>
> Done.
>
> Oleg, do you plan to handle HTTPCORE-48 or HTTPCORE-92 in beta1?

Both issues are very unlikely to require any API changes. So, my plan is
to handle them sometime around BETA2 or BETA3.

Oleg

Posted by Roland Weber <os...@dubioso.net>.

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Sat, 2008-01-05 at 09:49 +0100, Roland Weber wrote:
> Hello Asankha,
>
> > Does anyone have an idea about the timeline when HttpComponents Core
> > 4.0-alpha-7 is scheduled for release?
>
> I think we're still shooting for beta1 rather than alpha7.
> Later this month or early in February, I guess.

Folks,

I personally see no good reason to delay BETA1 any longer. I would like
to put the release on vote sometime next week.

Oleg

Posted by Roland Weber <os...@dubioso.net>.
Hello Asankha,