Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Per <pe...@hamburg.de> on 2011/04/04 19:24:16 UTC

Wicket sessions vs Google App Engine read-only-mode. A hack.

Hi there, fellow GAE lovers,

two App Engine maintenance windows are approaching (one is tomorrow, and the
other in 2 weeks)

Last time I got huge error messages, which also frustrated my customers. So
this time I wanted to be prepared. But since I started researching way too
late, and since I couldn't find any information about how to disable
sessions in Wicket easily, I decided to write my own hack for now. And from
what I can tell so far, it *should* work, fingers crossed :-)

Here's the write-up; if you run Wicket on GAE as well it could be
interesting for you too:
http://www.small-improvements.com/blog/technical/wicket-sessions-vs-app-engine-downtime/

But if there are better solutions please let me know!

Cheers,
Per

---
360 degree feedback and agile performance reviews
http://www.small-improvements.com