Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2013/08/09 09:57:45 UTC

HttpClient caching related issues blocking 4.3 GA release

Jon, Francois-Xavier, et al

HttpClient caching related issues keep on piling up. We currently have
10 caching related issues targeted at 4.3 / 4.2.6.

I would not like 4.3 to get delayed any further unless there is a good
reason. Could some one with a better knowledge of HTTP caching go
through open issues and decide which of those need to be fixed in 4.3 /
4.2.6 and which could be pushed to 4.4?

Cheers

Oleg

Re: HttpClient caching related issues blocking 4.3 GA release

Posted by Jon Moore <jo...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Aug 9, 2013 at 6:59 AM, Jon Moore <jo...@apache.org> wrote:

> Yes, I've noticed them piling up too; sorry about that, especially since a
> number of them have already come with patch submissions. I had actually
> already reserved time today to chew through these, so I'll make sure these
> all get dispositioned more clearly today.

Ok, I've triaged the open cache bugs, mostly. I was able to set all the
unresolved ones that didn't have patches to a 'Future' release target, as
none of those result in noncompliant behavior, although they are suboptimal
(e.g. caching something twice or failing to cache something cacheable or
invalidating too aggressively).

There's one issue that Francois-Xavier addressed already and is just
waiting on a review.

All the rest (5) have patches supplied against them and hence just need
detailed review and careful merging. I wasn't able to get to them today and
won't be able to get to them until sometime next week (I had a very recent
death in the family). I was able to review the patches in concept and
approach and I think they are generally ok though, so I don't expect the
review and merging to take long.

Jon

Re: HttpClient caching related issues blocking 4.3 GA release

Posted by Jon Moore <jo...@apache.org>.