Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Ian Jackson <Ia...@trilliumsoftware.com> on 2014/02/04 17:55:00 UTC

Hive on Windows w/Hadoop 2.2.0

Reading the Wiki (cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/GettingStarted), it states "It does not work on Cygwin." Do further details exist or hints to make work on Windows?

Re: Hive on Windows w/Hadoop 2.2.0

Posted by Lefty Leverenz <le...@gmail.com>.
Actually I was hoping Eric would tell us how to change the wiki's
disclaimer.  Or anyone with know-how, so copying to dev@hive....

-- Lefty

Posted by Lefty Leverenz <le...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Subramanian, Sanjay (HQP)" <sa...@roberthalf.com>.
U need Cygwin

sanjay.subramanian@roberthalf.com<ma...@roberthalf.com>

From: Ian Jackson <Ia...@trilliumsoftware.com>>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2014 13:47:42 +0000
To: "user@hive.apache.org<ma...@hive.apache.org>" <us...@hive.apache.org>>
Subject: RE: Hive on Windows w/Hadoop 2.2.0

Reading the Wiki (cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/GettingStarted<http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/GettingStarted>), it states “It does not work on Cygwin.” Do further details exist or hints to make work on Windows?

RE: Hive on Windows w/Hadoop 2.2.0

Posted by Ian Jackson <Ia...@trilliumsoftware.com>.

Posted by Lefty Leverenz <le...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Eric Hanson (BIG DATA)" <Er...@microsoft.com>.