Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Nicolas Liochon <nk...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/10 21:17:30 UTC

trunk build

Hi,

HBase-trunk build starts to be in a better shape now, we're likely other
50% success rate now. I've got a few questions however.

Issues were:
 - Trunk built on ubuntu* machines where using jdk 1.7 while the precommit,
on hadoop*, was on 1.6
 - precommit can't be set to use 1.7. It uses 1.6 32bits, as set by
hudsonEnv.sh
 - Trunk builds are executed in parallel with other builds, while for
precommit, hbase is alone on is machine.
 - jenkins, on precommit, often fails to parse the build results (jenkins
memory issue, still open, see below).

I've:
 - changed the jdk to 1.6
 - set the test parallelisation to 2 on trunk/ubuntu
 - fixed various test flakiness
 - increased the test timeout of a few tests to 60s. We should not set the
timeout to lower values, it makes them dependant to the machine env. When
in doubt, don't use them imho, or set them to 10 minutes or more.
 - changes some logs from debug to trace or even remove some.

Still to be done:
 - install the jdk 1.7 64 bits on the hadoop* machines. Someone knows how
to do that?
 - find a way to make it used by the test even if we use the script
'hudsonEnv.sh'.
 - increase the memory of the Jenkins JVM. Again, someone knows how to do
that?
 - use all the hadoop* to build. We're using 3 out of the 9 available
today. Any reason for this?
 - there are still some flaky tests...

Cheers,

Nicolas