Posted to solr-dev@lucene.apache.org by Alexander Saar <al...@mindquarry.com> on 2006/12/07 11:21:31 UTC

Config Loading Improvement

Hello,
I recently started integrating Solr as Cocoon Block into our
application. While doing this I noticed that there is a problem with

It throws an UnsupportedOperationException when Node.getTextContent() is
called when I run it in our Cocoon development environment, which is
based on Jetty Maven Plugin.

I think this is due older parser version which does not implement
getTextContent for the Node type.

So far I created a patch that should work for actual and older
implementations of the DOM API.

While searching the JIRA, I did not find any issues that refers to this
problem (while there is a comment in the code about it). So my question
is: is anybody else working on this problem or is this not really a
problem and I did something wrong?

If this seems to be a good improvement, I can supply a patch to the JIRA.

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Saar
Mindquarry - achieving more together (http://www.mindquarry.com)

E-Mail: alexander.saar@mindquarry.com | Mindquarry GmbH
Work:   +49 331 97992 223             | August-Bebel-Str. 88
Mobile: +49 177 59 85 437             | 14482 Potsdam, Germany

Weblog:         http://alexsaar.blogspot.com/
OpenBC Profile: http://www.openbc.com/hp/Alexander_Saar/

Re: Config Loading Improvement

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org>.
On 12/7/06, Alexander Saar <al...@mindquarry.com> wrote:
> I recently started integrating Solr as Cocoon Block into our
> application. While doing this I noticed that there is a problem with
>
> It throws an UnsupportedOperationException when Node.getTextContent() is
> called when I run it in our Cocoon development environment, which is
> based on Jetty Maven Plugin.

I've seen this problem with older Resin containers.
Solr's web.xml has commented out directives for Resin to use the Sun
implementation from Java5 instead.

> I think this is due older parser version which does not implement
> getTextContent for the Node type.
>
> So far I created a patch that should work for actual and older
> implementations of the DOM API.
>
> While searching the JIRA, I did not find any issues that refers to this
> problem (while there is a comment in the code about it). So my question
> is: is anybody else working on this problem or is this not really a
> problem and I did something wrong?
>
> If this seems to be a good improvement, I can supply a patch to the JIRA.

Sure, increasing the compatibility seems reasonable.

-Yonik