Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Alex Melament <ME...@il.ibm.com> on 2004/12/06 17:17:47 UTC

XPath queries

Hello,

I have tried to run XPath query as following:

            QueryManager qM = workSpace.getQueryManager();
            String[] langSupport = qM.getSupportedQueryLanguages();
            for(int i = 0; i < langSupport.length; i++)
            {
                System.out.println("language support[" + langSupport[i] +
"]");
            }

from code above I have understood that XPath queries are supported. However
when I am trying to run the following code, the
javax.jcr.query.InvalidQueryException: unknown language is thrown

            Query q = qM.createQuery("//my-first-node",
Query.XPATH_DOCUMENT_VIEW);

Do you support  XPath queries?

Another question is, can I create a node types using system/document view.
Where can I find an example?

Thanks,
      Alex

Re: XPath queries

Posted by Alex Melament <ME...@il.ibm.com>.

Thanks , marcel.

Alex

             Marcel Reutegger
             <marcel.reutegger
             @gmx.net>                                                  To
                                       jackrabbit-dev@incubator.apache.org
             06/12/04 18:40                                             cc

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Re: XPath queries
              jackrabbit-dev

Hi Alex,

XPath queries are not yet implemented in jackrabbit. As jackrabbit will
serve as the reference implementation it will finally support XPath of
course.

Regarding your question about creating node types using the import
mechanism, see recent post on jcr-crx forum:

regards,
  marcel

Re: XPath queries

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <ma...@gmx.net>.