Posted to pluto-dev@portals.apache.org by Martin Scott Nicklous <Sc...@de.ibm.com> on 2014/08/28 08:32:22 UTC

TCK progress ...

I completed the method / class / interface signature tests for the TCK and
moved them to separate modules that have a name pattern "V2SigTestsXxxx".
These modules are completely implemented and need no further work. This
resulted in 1571 test cases, of which 3 (surprisingly) fail. The
ResourceResponse object implement the createXxxxURL() methods, but those
methods apparently don't throw the requisite IllegalStateException. I'll
open a JIRA issue and provide detailed info when I'm done with the test
case restructuring work.

I also added a pluto.css file which moves the navigation to a left side bar
and formats the page in a more compact manner so that you always have two
columns of portlets side by side, rather than as previously sometimes not
side-by-side, depending on the top navigation bar formatting. The pluto.css
file is contained in the deploy/tartget/deploy-files directory after the
TCK has been built. To use it, just copy it into your tomcat webapps/pluto
directory (note that this will overwrite the existing pluto.css file ...).

Note that use of the pluto.css file is NOT required for correct operation
of the TCK. It's provided just as a convenience for Pluto users.

Since the TCK work is done on Pluto, I added logging.properties files to
each web module in the TCK in order to activate logging.  The log level is
set to javax.portlet.tck.level=FINEST and the logs are all written to the
javax.portlet-tck.<date>.log file.

I'll be working on restructuring the apidoc test cases, and hope to have
that done this week. Remaining work: remove the old signature tests from
the original modules and generate the modules again in order to place the
non-signature test cases directly into their target portlet methods.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen, / Kind regards,
Scott Nicklous

WebSphere Portal Standardization Lead & Technology Consultant
Specification Lead, JSR 362 Portlet Specification 3.0
IBM Software Group, Application Integration Middleware
IBM Deutschland Research & Development GmbH / Vorsitzender des
Aufsichtsrats: Martina Koederitz / Geschäftsführung: Dirk Wittkopp
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart,
HRB 243294