Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Gentian Hila <ge...@gmail.com> on 2005/01/03 21:48:55 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: authentication not working

Fixed the problem throug includinf AllowOverride AuthConfig

Re: [users@httpd] Re: authentication not working

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 15:48:55 -0500, Gentian Hila <ge...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Fixed the problem throug includinf AllowOverride AuthConfig

No you didn't.  AllowOverride has no effect on directives inside
httpd.conf.  It affects only .htaccess.  More likely, you hadn't
properly restarted apache, cleared your cache or something similar.

Also, the fact that you are using <Limit GET> implies that you are
reading bad documentation.  See the apache docs on <Limit> for why it
shouldn't be used.

Joshua.