Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Ajay Srivastava <Aj...@guavus.com> on 2016/01/18 10:21:02 UTC

Installing flume in distributed mode and HA

Hi,

I am new to flume and am looking for the documentation to configure flume in distributed mode. There was no section present for this in user guide.
I came across this page on cloudera http://archive.cloudera.com/cdh/3/flume/UserGuide/ which describes steps to configure flume in fully distributed mode. Since I could not find these instructions on apache website, I am wondering if CDH has its own version of flume. Do these configuration steps work well for apache flume as well ?

Regards,
Ajay

Re: Installing flume in distributed mode and HA

Posted by Gonzalo Herreros <gh...@gmail.com>.
I mean for instance if you use an http source then have a HW or SW load
balancer so it can call any of the agents.
Yes, you have to worry about HA at source, channel and sink. Depending on
the use case, it might be enough to have it at the source.

Posted by Gonzalo Herreros <gh...@gmail.com>.