Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Girijapathi <gi...@matsystems.com> on 2002/12/03 15:53:25 UTC

Please help me, problem in connecting to Oracle using think drivers in tomcat

Dear Friends

Using Tomcat, I am developing one application, during the process, I
could able to connect to the oracle using JDBC-ODBC drivers, but I
could not connect to
the Oracle thin drivers

I am Using :
                    Windows NT
                    Oracle 8.0.5
                    Tomcat 4.1.2

What I have done :
I have download the Binary version of the tomcat from the Apache
web site and unzipped and placed in the D:\Tomcat

I Have created the catalina_home and set the path as d:\Tomcat
I have converted the classes111.zip and classes102.zip to class111.jar
and classes102.jar respectively

Trial one :
I have copied the above Jar files into "d:\tomcat\common\lib" folder
I have restarted the start the server
Result : Still I am getting the connection as Null

Trial Two.

I have set the Classpath for the above 2 jar file using the command set
classpath=%classpath%.;d:\tomcat\common\lib\classes111.jar;d:\tomcat\common\lib\classes102.jar

I have start the services ( startup.bat) and tried
Result: Connection =null

What else I have to do
Please help me

Advance Thank