Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Timo Rantalaiho <Ti...@ri.fi> on 2009/02/02 05:11:33 UTC

Re: Render other components

On Tue, 27 Jan 2009, Philipp Daumke wrote:
> I think both of you mean similar things. So I need to attributes in my
> custom panel, one for the referring instance (in my case an instance of
> Class Index) and one for the component that I want to render (in my case
> AjaxFallbackDefaultDataTable). So my new custom panel looks like the one
> below. Agree?

Yep, another option is to use Component.IVisitor and/or
findParent for the job. It has the additional advantage that
it also works if the componentInstance gets replaced on the
page, which easily happens e.g. with repeaters, and if you
hold references directly to components they might get stale.

Best wishes,
Timo

--
Timo Rantalaiho