Posted to c-users@xerces.apache.org by Michael Weitzel <mi...@uni-siegen.de> on 2006/12/19 10:32:00 UTC

NetAccessorException on http "Moved permanently"

Hi,

Xerces 2.7 throws a NetAccessorException when it tries to download the
MathML2-DTD and the webserver redirects with "301 Moved Permanently". I
think this is a bug -- Xerces should follow the redirect, instead it
simply gives up (I traced the connection with Wireshark/Ethereal).

Is there a better solution than rewriting the DOCTYPE entry?

for comparison:

wget http://www.w3.org/TR/MathML2/dtd/mathml2.dtd
--10:25:05--  http://www.w3.org/TR/MathML2/dtd/mathml2.dtd
           => `mathml2.dtd'
Resolving www.w3.org... 193.51.208.70, 193.51.208.69, 128.30.52.31, ...
Connecting to www.w3.org|193.51.208.70|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 301 Moved Permanently
Location: http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-MathML2-20010221/dtd/mathml2.dtd
[following]
--10:25:05--  http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-MathML2-20010221/dtd/mathml2.dtd
           => `mathml2.dtd'
Connecting to www.w3.org|193.51.208.70|:80... connected.
Length: 51,651 (50K) [text/plain]

100%[====================================>] 51,651        --.--K/s

10:25:05 (3.93 MB/s) - `mathml2.dtd' saved [51651/51651]
--
Michael Weitzel, Universität Siegen
Lehrstuhl Simulationstechnik & Informatik im Maschinenbau

Re: NetAccessorException on http "Moved permanently"

Posted by Michael Weitzel <mi...@uni-siegen.de>.
Hi,

> Xerces 2.7 throws a NetAccessorException when it tries to download the
> MathML2-DTD and the webserver redirects with "301 Moved Permanently". I
> think this is a bug -- Xerces should follow the redirect, instead it
> simply gives up (I traced the connection with Wireshark/Ethereal).

I'm sorry ... I've read in the archive that I have to enable the libWWW
NetAccessor. This is a basic feature and should work, IMHO. :-/