Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by ha...@t-online.de on 2005/05/03 08:34:14 UTC

[SURBL] how to report

Hi,

I just came across this website
www.webspawner.com/users/moneymakerman555

What is the best way to have the spam that this will likely create blocked by surbl?

Wolfgang Hamann

Re: [SURBL] how to report

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.
hamann.w@t-online.de wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I just came across this website
>www.webspawner.com/users/moneymakerman555
>
>What is the best way to have the spam that this will likely create blocked by surbl?

Correction , what's the best way to have spam this will create be
blocked by SpamAssassin.

SURBL isn't going to be able to do anything about spams based on this.
SURBL only works on web links, and has to list an entire domain at a
time. There are no weblinks in this one, and if there were, it would be
links to paypal.com, so SURBL would have to list all of paypal to have
any effect. Clearly SURBL can't list all of paypal for a simple pyramid
scheme.

However, a simple SA body rule with a regex something like:

/send \$\d to the first .{0,20}\baddress on the list/i
or:
/send \$?[\d.]{0,5}(?: dollars)? to the first .{0,20}\baddress on the list/i

Should suffice.

Re: [SURBL] how to report

Posted by Jeff Chan <je...@surbl.org>.
On Wednesday, May 4, 2005, 8:37:45 AM, martin smith wrote:
M>>From: Jeff Chan [mailto:jeffc@surbl.org]

M>>A good way to report spams is to use SpamCop.  The SpamCop
M>>spamvertised site data goes into sc.surbl.org:
M>>
M>>  http://www.surbl.org/lists.html#sc
M>>

> Jeff, does this include the links that don't resolve when parsed by spamcop?
> There seem to be a lot that don't nowdays, would be nice to know that these
> are still included, my main reason for reporting to spamcop is to get them
> added to sc.surbl.org.

> Martin

I usually mention the ones that don't parse to the spamcop folks
and they usually update their code accordingly.  If you run
across some you may want to mention them to them.  They're
usually pretty good about updates to catch new obfuscations.

If you spot some new class of spams that SpamCop can't currently
parse you may also want to mention it on the SURBL discussion
list and we can proceed from there on the SURBL side:

  http://lists.surbl.org/

Jeff C.
--
Jeff Chan