Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Alan Gutierrez <aj...@izzy.net> on 2003/01/05 15:32:31 UTC

Building Xalan on Linux

I downloaded and built Xalan on Linux with GCC and ran it. It was much
slower than both both MSXML and libxslt. Then I checked the CFLAGS and added
-O2. Now it is a just little bit slower than MSXML and libxslt, but much
faster than it was, by an order of magnitude. Any reason why you don't
enable -O2 by default for linux?

Alan Gutierrez

Re: Building Xalan on Linux

Posted by David N Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM <da...@us.ibm.com>.

Weird, I thought -O was the same as -O2 -- at least it used to be.

I'll update runConfigure to pass through -O2.  Thanks for the report!

Dave

                      Alan Gutierrez
                      <ajglist@izzy.ne         To:      xalan-dev@xml.apache.org
                      t>                       cc:      (bcc: David N Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM)
                                               Subject: Building Xalan on Linux
                      01/05/2003 06:32
                      AM
                      Please respond