Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com> on 2003/05/19 15:57:21 UTC

Re: Repost: Classloader problem? java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java/util/Set

Does nisse.jar use Xerces implementation classes directly or does it ony
use the standard interfaces?  Also, I'm really not seeing how the lifecycle
error with java.util.Set is assocated with the Xerces issue????

Jake

Posted by Mats Andersson <ma...@bolina.hsb.se>.
It uses xerces implementation classes directly, but it does not complain
about any xerces classes or methods missing, so I can't see why there
should be any problem.
I can't see the connection between xerces and the lifecycle error, more
than that I get the error when I switch parser versions without
recompiling my jar from the sources.

Mats

Symbolic Link loads Context

Posted by John Rayburn <jo...@hotmail.com>.
We created a symbolic link in the tomcat webapps directory to a given
context directory and tomcat loaded another context.  What we had
intended to do (oops!) is create an alias to the first context.

Is there a way in tomcat, without apache in front of tomcat, to create
an alias, http://host/alias-context to the initial context
http://host/context, without it loaded two context and two sets of
classes?

Thanks!