Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Thomas Fischer <fi...@seitenbau.net> on 2009/01/27 12:42:47 UTC

RE: jdbc task put username instead of db name in schema file

> When we tried at first to generate the schema file using the jdbc task,
> we found that the database name put in the schema file was wrong.
> Instead of the db name there was the  username used to connect to the
db.
> We worked around it changing the username.
>
> We use Torque 3.3
> The DB server is postgres8.3
> The jdbc driver is postgresql-8.3-603.jdbc4.jar

There was a discussion way back on the user list (or maybe even in jira)
of how the database should be named by the jdbc task. And the outcome was:
how should the generator know ? Not every database has the concept of a
database name. And jdbc won't provide that information anyway. So using
the user name seems a sensible default.

Maybe we should look into a way of automatically postprocessing the schema
after the jdbc task.

   Thomas

Re: jdbc task put username instead of db name in schema file

Posted by Ivano Luberti <lu...@archicoop.it>.
I certainly will, thanks

_
_ <http://www.archicoop.it/>__ <http://www.archicoop.it/>

Re: jdbc task put username instead of db name in schema file

Posted by Alvaro Coronel <al...@yahoo.com>.
The on etime I installed Oracle DB, I found it most confusing regarding "user" and "schema".

Suffice to say that in Oracle it would make sense to use the username as the schema name.

My 1/2 cent :)

Álvaro

________________________________

Posted by Ivano Luberti <lu...@archicoop.it>.
I have never meant this: I was only surprised you have been so
responsive on the mailing list and that there was no activity on jira.
Moreover I was surprised to find the issue already set and so old after
you had asked me to report it.

No problem, anyway.

Thomas Fischer ha scritto:
>> Sorry to come back on this issue: I have updated the TORQUE-39 issue on
>> jira but I have seen no answer to the observations I have added to the
>> initial ones.
>> I report here the link to the issue for whoever is interested:
>>

> Hey, this is no commercial product where we meet deadlines. It will
> probably be in the next release, whenever this will be. If someone
> provides a patch, this probability will even be higher.
>
>    Regards,
>
>        Thomas

Archimede Informatica NEWS!

Realizzato il Sistema Integrato per la biglietteria della Torre di Pisa:
prenotazione, vendita, pre-vendita ed emissione dei biglietti di ingresso
alla Torre sia online che presso le biglietterie dislocate sulla piazza:

_http://www.opapisa.it/boxoffice

_Partner del Progetto Ci-Tel "Front office Telematico per il cittadino"
Ente Coordinatore Comune di Pisa

_http://www.comune.pisa.it/doc/e-government.htm

_==================================================
dott. Ivano Mario Luberti