Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net> on 2008/10/13 17:19:40 UTC

[DISCUSS] Release SAAJ 1.3 spec jar version 1.0.1

There are some issues with the maven generated site.  These aren't new
problems and they are "doc" related ... so I'm not sure if they should
really hinder the spec release.

I just started looking into them since I had some of the same problems
with the recent samples 2.1.2 release (BTW ... not all of those issues
were resolved either before we released).

- The Geronimo banner isn't included.  I think we need to make some
updates to the spec-parent site.xml (and pom.xml) and do a new release
of the specs-parent to fix this issue.  However, on my local image some
of the same changes that I made in samples to resolve this are not
providing the same magic for specs ... still looking into this.

- There are multiple links in the banner to Geronimo (on the right) and
none of them take you to the Geronimo home page.  Once again, I think
this might require some changes to the site.xml in spec-parent to fix it.

Joe

Re: [DISCUSS] Release SAAJ 1.3 spec jar version 1.0.1

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 1:02 PM, Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> One more question:  Has any tck validation been performed for this updated
> spec?

Yes. Geronimo trunk was updated to use the SNAPSHOT of the spec with
the fix and so TCK was/is running with it.

Jarek

Re: [DISCUSS] Release SAAJ 1.3 spec jar version 1.0.1

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.
NP ... when you mentioned you might be releasing saaj I just thought it
might be a good time to try to get this cleaned up too.  Since we've
been releasing effectively without sites (or broken sites) for some time
now I don't think it should hinder the vote.  I just thought I'd mention
the problem since you did include the site in the vote.

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
Doesn't seem worth holding up the release, given the problem existed before.

-Donald

Posted by Lin Sun <li...@gmail.com>.
Sorry...sent to the wrong thread accidentally. ;-(

Lin

Posted by Lin Sun <li...@gmail.com>.
+1

Lin