Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Shawn Heisey <so...@elyograg.org> on 2010/08/23 08:07:20 UTC

Solr Admin Schema Browser and field named "keywords"

  I have a field named "keywords" in my index.  The schema browser page
is not able to deal with this, so I have trouble getting statistical
information on this field.  When I click on the field, Firefox hangs for
a minute and then gives the "unresponsive script" warning.  I assume
(without actually checking) that this is due to "keywords" being already
used for something in the javascript code.

Is this already a known problem, or should I create a Jira?

Related to this, would it be difficult to make this feature display
something like a status bar when it is first grabbing information,
indicating how many fields there are and which one it's working on at
the moment?  It takes a few minutes for it to load on my indexes, so
some indication of how far along it is would be very nice.

Shawn

Re: Solr Admin Schema Browser and field named "keywords"

Posted by Shawn Heisey <so...@elyograg.org>.
  On 8/23/2010 12:07 AM, Shawn Heisey wrote:
>  I have a field named "keywords" in my index.  The schema browser page
> is not able to deal with this, so I have trouble getting statistical
> information on this field.  When I click on the field, Firefox hangs
> for a minute and then gives the "unresponsive script" warning.  I
> assume (without actually checking) that this is due to "keywords"
> being already used for something in the javascript code.

I've just looked over the javascript sent to my browser, and do not see
anything even close to "keywords" in it.  I also did not see it in the
old version of jQuery that it loads.  I also looked through the
branch_3x source code with the following command, and did not find
anything that actually looked like a problem:

grep -irl keywords * | grep -v svn

This has been a problem for me the entire time I've used Solr.  I
started with a 1.5-dev version, my production is now completely stock
1.4.1, and I've been doing all my tests today on a 3.1 build from
2010-06-29.  The code tree that I grepped is from 2010-08-13.

If there's any troubleshooting that someone needs done on my end, let me
know.

Thanks,

Posted by Shawn Heisey <so...@elyograg.org>.
  On 8/26/2010 5:04 PM, Chris Hostetter wrote:
> doubtful.
>
> I suspect it has more to do with the amount of data in your keywords
> field and the underlying request to hte LukeRequestHandler timing out.
>
>    have you tried using it with a test index where the "keywords"
> field has only a few words in it?

It just occurred to me that there probably isn't enough data in the
keywords field to cause this.  It is one of four fields copied into the
catchall field, and is nowhere near as large as the ft_text field that
is also copied to catchall.  The schema browser has always worked on the
catchall field.

Actually, on a test index that I just built (with my leading/trailing
punctuation filter included), I CAN access the keywords field.
Bizarre.  Ideas?

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
[...]

Yep Yep, there is a bug tracking these kinds of improvements...

...if you have some javascript expertise and would like to help out,
patches would be welcome. (the LukeRequestHandler used under the covers
can return stats about each field one at a time, but the javascript
in the schema browser doesn't currently use it that way)

-Hoss

--
http://lucenerevolution.org/  ...  October 7-8, Boston
http://bit.ly/stump-hoss      ...  Stump The Chump!