Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/17 00:29:22 UTC

Additional info for VOTE e-mails

We need to include the revision number as well as the SVN tag.
We don't re-use tags (I hope!), but SVN does not guarantee tag
immutability, so for completeness the revision is needed.
It's easy enough to copy/paste from the commit mail.

The KEYS file is needed so an outsider can easily check the sigs; it
won't change.

Having everything needed to check the release candidate present in the
e-mail shows that the PMC is trying to ensure that the vote is clear
and open.
It should not be necessary for reviewers to go digging for URLs in
order to complete their check.

Also, then the historical record has everything together.

I hope that makes sense to all?

Re: Additional info for VOTE e-mails

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 17 July 2013 00:19, Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Should the keys file be in the email? Or a rev no of the keys file?

I don't think that's necessary.
We just need to ensure that the key is in the file (and published to
key servers).
There are multiple copies of key entries; we just need to check the
one at the time.

Perhaps should include the revision of the dist/dev directory in SVN
for completeness.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.