Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Shanmugavel SRD <sr...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/07 19:56:44 UTC

SOLR 1.4.1 to SOLR 1.3 issues (backward compatability issue)

When I tried to roll back from SOLR 1.4.1 to SOLR 1.3, I am unable to view
the admin page alone rest of the functionality are fine.
I removed the index folder before reverting back to SOLR 1.3.
Does any one have answer for this?

Re: SOLR 1.4.1 to SOLR 1.3 issues (backward compatability issue)

Posted by Shanmugavel SRD <sr...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Otis. It solved the problem.

Re: SOLR 1.4.1 to SOLR 1.3 issues (backward compatability issue)

Posted by Shanmugavel SRD <sr...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Otis. I will try these steps.
Yes, it is not about indexing issue. Index and search functionality are
working fine. Only admin page is not accessible.
There is a process in our company to look for the roll back option while
moving any changes to LIVE/Production. As part of that we found this issue.

Thanks,
SRD

Re: SOLR 1.4.1 to SOLR 1.3 issues (backward compatability issue)

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

If this is not about index format incompatibility, and it sounds like it is not,
I would:
* stop the servlet container
* look at your servlet container's "work" directory (or maybe your temp dir)
* remove any remnants of Solr from those directories
* start the servlet container

Why are you downgrading anyway?

Otis
----