Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/26 23:11:32 UTC

Continuum problems

Couple of problems with Continuum:

1) Building from source. Currently (apart from various no such
notifier errors for irc/mail etc) I'm getting the following as an
error when I build:

[surefire] Running org.apache.maven.continuum.it.ShellIntegrationTest
[surefire] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 74.657 sec

Results :
[surefire] Tests run: 5, Failures: 2, Errors: 0

and then it quits out. No idea which particular tests are failing as
I'm not sure who would run afte the ShellIntegration test.

2) xmlrpc python.

Using continuum-1.0.2 release, and using the python in
continuum-core-it/ I get the following:

[hen@build]$ python continuum_cli.py
# showProjects
Error: Continuum instance has no attribute 'getAllProjects'

It is connecting, as running on another machine immediately complains
about no localhost:8080. Is the xmlrpc stuff out of date?

3) I spent a bit of time digging into the SOAP stuff. I found out on
#maven that this is dead now, but the website still talks about it:

http://maven.apache.org/continuum/guides/mini/guide-soap-api.html

Thanks,

Hen

Re: Continuum problems

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

Henri Yandell a écrit :
> Built the 1.0.x branch. Failed due to lack of memory.

weird. It always works fine on my laptop.

> export MAVEN_OPTS='-Xmx512m'
>
> Now it (MavenOneIntegrationTest) fails because there's no SMTP on localhost 25:

No, it isn't a failure. We only print the stacktrace but we don't fail the build for that. I don't
have smtp on localhost.

Emmanuel

Re: Continuum problems

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
[...]

    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:552)

Re: Continuum problems

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

Henri Yandell a écrit :
> On 1/27/06, Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net> wrote:
>

>>Henri Yandell a écrit :
>>
>>>Couple of problems with Continuum:
>>>
>>>1) Building from source. Currently (apart from various no such
>>>notifier errors for irc/mail etc) I'm getting the following as an
>>>error when I build:
>>
>>trunk isn't stable, we are in a full refactoring part. You can use continuum-1.0.x branch.
>>Why do you need to build continuum?
>

> Originally, because I wanted to use the SOAP xfire stuff and I saw an
> old email saying they were not released and you had to build from
> trunk.
>
> However, I'm also wanting to get stuck into adding features etc, so
> will need to be able to compile for that etc.
>

>>>[surefire] Running org.apache.maven.continuum.it.ShellIntegrationTest
>>>[surefire] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 74.657 sec
>>>
>>>Results :
>>>[surefire] Tests run: 5, Failures: 2, Errors: 0
>>>
>>>and then it quits out. No idea which particular tests are failing as
>>>I'm not sure who would run afte the ShellIntegration test.
>>
>>All tests works fine on my machine and on our integration platform. It's perhaps an out of memory pb
>>or a timeout when integration tests was running due to available resource on your machine when you
>>built.
>

> Hmm. 1G of memory on the laptop, so probably enough memory. I'll try
> digging into the source a bit.

I have 1G too. Memory allowed to jvm is 256Mo.
You can look at test reports in continuum-core-it/taget/surefire-reports

> What's the plan on the refactoring? Any timeline?

I need to fix some problem in screens, and the big part to do is to readd the security.
Most of work will be done during next month. When refactoring will be acceptable, we'll release
1.1-alpha-1

In the same time, we work on 1.0.3 in continuum-1.0.x branch.

Re: Continuum problems

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
On 1/27/06, Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net> wrote:

> Henri Yandell a écrit :
> > Couple of problems with Continuum:
> >
> > 1) Building from source. Currently (apart from various no such
> > notifier errors for irc/mail etc) I'm getting the following as an
> > error when I build:
>
> trunk isn't stable, we are in a full refactoring part. You can use continuum-1.0.x branch.
> Why do you need to build continuum?

Originally, because I wanted to use the SOAP xfire stuff and I saw an
old email saying they were not released and you had to build from
trunk.

However, I'm also wanting to get stuck into adding features etc, so
will need to be able to compile for that etc.

> > [surefire] Running org.apache.maven.continuum.it.ShellIntegrationTest
> > [surefire] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 74.657 sec
> >
> > Results :
> > [surefire] Tests run: 5, Failures: 2, Errors: 0
> >
> > and then it quits out. No idea which particular tests are failing as
> > I'm not sure who would run afte the ShellIntegration test.
>
> All tests works fine on my machine and on our integration platform. It's perhaps an out of memory pb
> or a timeout when integration tests was running due to available resource on your machine when you
> built.

Hmm. 1G of memory on the laptop, so probably enough memory. I'll try
digging into the source a bit.

What's the plan on the refactoring? Any timeline?

> > 2) xmlrpc python.
> >
> > Using continuum-1.0.2 release, and using the python in
> > continuum-core-it/ I get the following:
> >
> > [hen@build]$ python continuum_cli.py
> > # showProjects
> > Error: Continuum instance has no attribute 'getAllProjects'
> >
> > It is connecting, as running on another machine immediately complains
> > about no localhost:8080. Is the xmlrpc stuff out of date?
>
> This feature isn't tested and documentation is out of date.
> We don't have officially a xmlrpc client, it will be integrated in next release (java client), but
> you can find it there : http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/CONTINUUM-544

I'll give it a shot.

> > 3) I spent a bit of time digging into the SOAP stuff. I found out on
> > #maven that this is dead now, but the website still talks about it:
> >
> > http://maven.apache.org/continuum/guides/mini/guide-soap-api.html
>
> We'll fix documentation ;-)

Thanks.

Hen