Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Kirk Lund <kl...@apache.org> on 2020/06/05 22:16:31 UTC

Is "java" available to acceptanceTests?

Does the image(s) we use for running acceptanceTest include "java"? I've
written some new AcceptanceTests for the LocatorLauncher and ServerLauncher
which pass locally but fail in precheckin in the cloud with
*java.io.IOException:
Cannot run program "java"*.

> Task :geode-assembly:acceptanceTest

org.apache.geode.launchers.LocatorLauncherWithPulseAndCustomLogConfigAcceptanceTest
> locatorLauncherUsesConfigFileInClasspathWithoutGeodePlugins FAILED
    java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "java" (in directory
"/tmp/junit5795014123591460975"): error=2, No such file or directory
        at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1128)
        at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1071)
        at
org.apache.geode.launchers.LocatorLauncherWithPulseAndCustomLogConfigAcceptanceTest.locatorLauncherUsesConfigFileInClasspathWithoutGeodePlugins(LocatorLauncherWithPulseAndCustomLogConfigAcceptanceTest.java:164)

        Caused by:
        java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory
            at java.lang.ProcessImpl.forkAndExec(Native Method)
            at java.lang.ProcessImpl.<init>(ProcessImpl.java:340)
            at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:271)
            at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1107)
            ... 2 more

Re: Is "java" available to acceptanceTests?

Posted by Kirk Lund <kl...@apache.org>.
Here's a link to the precheckin failure:
https://concourse.apachegeode-ci.info/builds/163281

Posted by Kirk Lund <kl...@apache.org>.
Thanks Robert!

Posted by Robert Houghton <rh...@vmware.com>.