Posted to user@struts.apache.org by slickdev <sl...@comcast.net> on 2002/07/26 20:24:36 UTC

digest unsubscribe prob

yeah, i know: there's "no problem" with unsubscribing from the struts user digest.
well, not for me.  i've sent an unsubscribe request at least 10 times, and still get all that crap.

does anyone know the solution, other than changing my email address?

Re: digest unsubscribe prob

Posted by Joel Rees <jo...@alpsgiken.gr.jp>.
Hopefully you this isn't necessary by now, but I'll let you in the
"secrets". (This is in the archives, but I realized just recently it is
next to impossible to search on "unsubscribe problems" with any useful
results.)

-- > yeah, i know: there's "no problem" with unsubscribing from the struts user digest.
> well, not for me.  i've sent an unsubscribe request at least 10 times, and still get all that crap.
>
> does anyone know the solution, other than changing my email address?

<st...@jakarta.apache.org>

**** For additional commands, e-mail:
<st...@jakarta.apache.org>

Note that the links above are not the same as the links below. The
"mailto:" protocol declaration is missing in the links above. Some mail
clients (Outrook Expless, for instance) mis-handle the protocol, and
then the mail server coughs on it.

Also, check your headers to make sure you're trying to unsubscribe from
the same mail address that you subscribed from. Otherwise, the mail
server isn't going to be able to line the unsubscribe request with the
subscriber.

If that doesn't work, you'll need to contact the list owners. (You
should have the address for that in your subscribe confirmation.) If you
do that, again, watch that the mailto: protocol spec doesn't end up in
your "to:" address field.

Joel Rees <jo...@alpsgiken.gr.jp>

Posted by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net>.
Have you mailed the owner?

Posted by slickdev <sl...@comcast.net>.
I never got a confirm.
Thanks.

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Posted by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net>.

Posted by Mark Nichols <st...@partitionsoftware.com>.
Did you reply to the mail your request generated, following the directions
contained in that e-mail?

</mark>